Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Another New Year

     I started this blog last December. When I look back on the things I wrote in the first couple of months on this blog, I tend to cringe and shake my head at myself for posting such silly things.  There are some that I am okay with. One such was about my New Year's resolution. I decided to make it more of a theme, which was to live every day more fearlessly. I'm a worrier, and I tend to overthink too much, so I wanted to be a bit more spontaneous and to take every opportunity that came. I failed at that a lot this past year, but I also succeeded a lot too. I applied it to small things, such as deciding that, what the heck, I'll come sledding even though its cold outside and warm in here. I ended up having a ton of fun because of decisions like that. I also applied it to big things, too. I was afraid to get attached to just one person again, and didn't want to date a single guy, but eventually I let go of my fears and changed my mind about Nakai. Dating him has been an amazing decision. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. 

     Some of the decisions I've made haven't turned out so great, but the good far outweigh the bad. I'm far more apt to wish I had done something than to wish I hadn't. Living  a year more fearlessly has been wonderful and has made me better. 2014 has been a whirlwind ride and SO much has changed between when it started and when it ended. I was a bit prophetic in my New Year's post last year when I wrote:
I don’t know if I have ever lived a year that has ended so differently than it began. I’m sure 2014 will be just as transforming. I will need to be much more fearless this year than I was last year.
     The New Year's theme idea was successful for me, so I plan to do it again. I'm going to keep working on the fearless thing, because it's still a work in progress, and probably always will be, but I'm going to add a bit more. The theme of this year is to be kind and classy. 

     Kind as in the sense of Christ-like love for everyone, saying only nice things about others and looking for the good in everyone, being the sort of person that people like to be around because I'm nice, and showing love to those around me, especially to my companions and investigators. 

     Classy as in showing respect to everyone, acting in a way that earns respect, being always honest in all I do, being the bigger person in a disagreement by returning hate for love, listening carefully so that I can learn, and not being quick to anger. 

     I'm going to tack on an abbreviated version of last year's resolution as well, and promise to myself that I will continue to work on being brave and on taking every good opportunity that comes. 

     Happy 2015, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment