Sunday, June 1, 2014

Old Words

          I came across some old poetry that I wrote a few months ago. There were a few things I wrote that I actually feel rather proud of. I had totally forgotten about this stuff, but everything I felt back then came back to me when I read it. So I've decided to share some if it here.

December 30, 2013


Late at night after the lights are turned down and
The world is silent and it’s just me awake or alive
And there is so much solitude that it can drown you
Finding myself buried deep beneath my own doubts
And fears that I’m not good enough
The black clouds roll in and the demons that
I tried to hide in the day when
The sun shines and the shadows I cast
May be longer than they should be
But one notices anyway, so why would I let them see
What it’s really like in here
In my head where the voices get louder and louder
And my eyes get heavy with the weight of the world and
My hands that I tried to use to catch their pain
But it slipped through my fingers and I only
Got burned with the heat of my own frustration at
Failing to know exactly what to do and to say
But my heart as cold as ice with the emptiness
Of what they feel and I wish I could take it away
Because I know the feeling and I know the monsters
That crawl out of the dark and lonely places
Of the solitary night time.

      That one I wrote right around the time I started this blog. It doesn't have a title, but it needs one. A lot has changed since then, but its still applicable to me in some ways, and its still true. I'm not sure how much if it will make sense to other people, but for me its full of the intense things that I've felt before. So I'm posting it. Because its my blog. So there.




October 11, 2013

How much has been lost in the name of love?
How many sleepless nights?
How many restless, anxious hours
Wasted and worried away?
How many petals pulled off of flowers
In vain means to discover
Whether he loves me or loves me not?
As if fate written could be so easily read.
How many tears fall from red eyes?
How many scars appear
Both seen and hidden from view?
How many angry feelings?
How many hopeless thoughts?
How many lies taken for truth?
How much denial?
How many unknown battles?
How many unheard cries?
How much love without condition or sense?
They say love is friendship set on fire.
Who can stand that flame?





        This one doesn't have a title either, and its older than the first one. Mostly I included it because I think my one follower (who is AWESOME), will appreciate it. I did tweak one line in it from its original version, but other than that, its just as I wrote it last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment