Monday, January 13, 2014

Poop and Other Stuff

          After I rolled out of bed and put on a bra and shoes, this is how my day began:
Mystery Poop
        On my way to breakfast, I passed this pile of scat outside of my dorm. It looked like deer poop to me, but I didn't think that made any sense. BYU is pressed right up to the mountains (which translates into an INCREDIBLE view), but I didn't think that deer would actually wander down into campus. I had never heard of it before. I later learned, on my way to class, that it was deer poop. Behold my iPod pictures of the poopers: 





        There were three of them that I could see. Most of the other people walked right past the deer without noticing them. It wasn't until I and one or two others started gawking and pulling out phones and iPods to take pictures that everyone else turned to see what was happening. The deer themselves didn't seem too concerned with the students. They didn't even look at us. Mostly they just posed for the cameras. Ducks and deer and students, oh, my! 
        A few hours later, as I passed this same spot, the deer were gone, but some guy was reciting the names of food. "Potatoes," he said as I walked by. "Salad............bread............corn............." He paused for about 4 seconds between each food. He wasn't talking to anyone or reading anything that I could see, or mumbling it quietly to himself as if reciting a memorized grocery list. He was just calmly naming foods, in a normal and clear voice, at equally spaced intervals. 

         College is weird. 





No comments:

Post a Comment